Final Piece has Landed.

Prelim Task

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Evaluation - 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

HardWare
- A Canon Mini HD camera was used to shoot the film, It was the first time using this piece of equipment, but I had previous experience with loweer quality cameras. This camrea was great, I was able to learn about focus and I really improved my camera work, and composition.
- We used a Lighting Set, which was something really new to me, I learnt all about how to use lighting to light the set without drowning it out. And I learnt how very difficult it is to light sets well, and how controlled the set must be.
- Tripod, Directional Microphone and Headphones. These are all things that are only noticable in their absence, but by having acces to these things makes somethings less to worry about and much more proffessional, i.e. sound quality, which was very good.

Software

- Adobe Premier/ After effects, the non linear editing system was something I was familiar with, however in this project I was able to greatly expand my knowledge and understanding of editing, audio and visual alike.

- Razoring, Rendering and Keyframing. I managed to learn so much by experimentation, I think this is because we had so much access to the edit suites, so I was able to try things out, we finished with many timelines with alternate versions, some better than others.

- Contrast and Brightness, which is something I had only used in still images up until this project, but I learnt how to regulate and enhance these things for the sequence for a more professional look.

No comments: